Robust public engagement can help state leaders advance climate solutions that address our challenges, respond to community needs, and bring new benefits and opportunities.
Everyone deserves a seat at the table. Envisioning our shared green future needs to be a collaborative effort where we listen deeply and work together in new ways.
January 21, 2021: Climate snapshot: emissions and impacts
6-7:15 p.m. Central | Webex webinar
Join moderator Heidi Roop, PhD, of the University of Minnesota and our panelists for a virtual roundtable about greenhouse gas emissions in Minnesota and the local impacts of climate change. We'll cover the findings of the state's latest emissions inventory report, and discuss the devastating effects of climate change seen in communities across the state.
No advance registration required. Click the link to join: Climate snapshot: emissions and impacts (January 21)
Or join by phone: +1-415-655-0003; conference code 146 715 8663
- Laura Bishop, commissioner, Minnesota Pollution Control Agency and chair, Climate Change Subcabinet
- Frank Kohlasch, climate director, Minnesota Pollution Control Agency
- Najwa Massad, mayor, city of Mankato
- Heidi Roop, PhD, assistant professor of climate science, University of Minnesota (moderator)
- Anne Schwagerl, member, Governor’s Advisory Council on Climate Change and co-founder of Prairie Point Farm
More opportunities to participate
- Tune in for the next meeting of the Governor's Advisory Council.
- Monday, January 25, 2021, 1 - 4 p.m. Central
- Watch a livestream of the meeting on YouTube: Governor's Advisory Council (Jan. 25)
- Take a brief survey about public engagement. Help shape the Climate Change Subcabinet's priorities and approach to climate change engagement. Let us know which issues affect you the most, tell us how you'd like to be involved in this work, and share your ideas for building momentum for climate action in Minnesota. Take the survey here: Engaging Minnesotans survey
- Sign up for the Our Minnesota Climate email updates. Receive news on climate-related topics, events, newly-published reports, and opportunities to provide input. Follow the link to add your email to the list: Our Minnesota Climate GovDelivery sign-up